This article will guide you through all the lenden kanoon in Nepal. It provides you with all the detailed information relating to transactions in Nepal.
Lenden Kanoon in Nepal is guided by Muluki Civil Code 2074.
If there is a give-and-take of any amount or goods between two or more persons subject to any condition, the transaction is said to be made between them.
Borrowing of Loan – Lenden Kanoon in Nepal
If a person has an obligation to pay any amount or goods to another person in any manner, such obligation shall be deemed to be a loan borrowed by that person,
and such a person shall return such amount or goods to the concerned person.
Transaction not to be carried on without executing deed
“deed” means any document that substantiates a transaction including a cheque, bill, voucher, and receipt. The paper should be made while executing the transaction. No person shall carry on a transaction without executing a deed in accordance with law.
Matters to be set out in Document
- The title, surname, age, and address of each individual included in an exchange, and the title of his or her father, mother, grand-father, and grand-mother. Given that within the case of a hitched individual, the title of his or her spouse or spouse, as the case may be, should be mentioned.
- Reason for the transaction,
- The volume of transactions,
- In the case of an exchange of any great, the cost of such goods,
- In the case of the trade of any products by way of borrowing, credit, or something else, the matter to that effect,
- Details of the products, in the event that any, are exchanged,
- Date for reimbursement of the executed amount,
- Rate of intrigued, on the off chance that any, payable on the transaction,
- Matter that the bank may recover the sum included within the exchange from the borrower’s resources within the occasion of disappointment to reimburse such sum within the required time or to fulfill the other conditions set forward within the deed,
- Place of the deed executed,
- Date of the deed executed,
- Such other things as required to be set out concurring to the nature of the exchange
Creditor not allowed to collect interest from the Debtor
If the deed on the transaction does not provide for the payment of interest, the
the creditor shall not collect interest from the debtor.
Compound interest is not to be collected
The creditor shall not collect compound interest from the debtor.
Procedures to be fulfilled in paying and collecting principal and interest
- In the event that the indebted person reimburses the complete of the foremost and intrigued, the leaser should sign and return the deed on the exchange to the indebted person by tearing out the deed or demonstrating on its space or switch side that the loan has been repaid,
- If the deed isn’t found at the time of reimbursement of the foremost and intrigued compatible with clause (1), the leaser might donate the indebted person a receipt demonstrating the receipt of the specific sum on the specific date,
- In reimbursing a few sums out of the central and intrigued, the lender should show on the turn around side of the deed how much he or she has gotten from the indebted person on which date, and get the indebted person to sign the deed and issue an isolated receipt of sum accordingly if the deed isn’t found quickly or it isn’t with the leaser for the time being.
Statute of Limitation
There shall be no statute of limitation for making a lawsuit in the matter of a transaction carried on with intent to take rights to, misappropriate, cause loss to, or disorder, the property of an incompetent and quasi-competent person or in the matter of collection of compound interest or collection of interest in excess of ten percent.
Also Read: Foreign Direct Investment Law in Nepal