This article will help you to know all the required information about company registration in Nepal.
The company registration process in Nepal is guided by the Office of the Company Registrar (OCR) under the companies act 2063.
Company Registration Process in Nepal
Before the submission of the application, make sure that there is a reservation of the proposed name of the company at the OCR.
For the company registration in Nepal, the following process should be carried out at the OCR,
- Application to be submitted concurring to such organize, expenses, and besides such archives as prescribed,
- Where an application is made for the joining of a company compatible with Section 4 of the companies act 2063, the Office will make an essential request, enlist such company within 15 days after the date of making the application and allow the company enlistment certificate to the candidate, within the arrange as prescribed,
- Tax Enrollment (VAT/PAN) at the Inland Income Office.
Documents required for the Company Registration in Nepal
- The MOA ( Reminder of Affiliation) and the AOA (Articles of Affiliation) of the enrolling company, 2 copies
- One duplicate of the agreement understanding on the off chance that there’s any assertion in between.
- Citizenships, 1 duplicate
- For an open company, in the event that there’s any assertion, a duplicate of such understanding entered into between the promoters sometime recently during the enlistment of the company,
- Requirement of endorsement or permit concurring to the show law in the event that any particular type of trade is to be carried out.
- One duplicate of the certificate of enlistment and other enrollment reports (notice of affiliation, articles of affiliation) in the event that the shareholder may be a company.
- Attested duplicates of the citizenship certificates of the originator shareholders for the Open Company.
Recommended Reading: Marriage Registration in Nepal
Company Registration Cost in Nepal
Fees for company registration in Nepal depend on the capital of the company registered.
- Payments can be made at the OCR if the fee is up to Rs. 5000.
- If the fee is more than Rs. 5000, such amounts should be deposited at the Nepal Rastra Bank or other commercial banks which are given permission by Nepal Rastra Bank in the ‘RAJASWA’ account number 1-1-05-10. Two copies of the voucher should be submitted in the account section of the OCR.
Fees Required for a Private Company
|Amount of Capital (NPR)||Registration Fee (NPR)|
|Up to 1,00,000||1,000|
|1,00,001 to 5,00,000||4,500|
|5,00,001 to 25,00,000||9,500|
|25,00,001 to 1,00,00,000||16,000|
|1,00,00,001 to 2,00,00,000||19,000|
|2,00,00,001 to 3,00,00,000||22,000|
|3,00,00,001 to 4,00,00,000||25,000|
|4,00,00,001 to 5,00,00,000||28,000|
|5,00,00,001 to 6,00,00,000||31,000|
|6,00,00,001 to 7,00,00,000||34,000|
|7,00,00,001 to 8,00,00,000||37,000|
|8,00,00,001 to 9,00,00,000||40,000|
|9,00,00,001 to 10,00,00,000||43,000|
|10,00,00,000||30 for each 1,00,000,00|
Fees Required for a Public Company
|Amount of Capital (NPR)||Registration fee (NPR)|
|Up to 1,00,00,000||15,000|
|1,00,00,001 to 10,00,00,000||40,000|
|10,00,00,001 to 20,00,00,000||70,000|
|20,00,00,001 to 30,00,00,000||1,00,000|
|30,00,00,001 to 40,00,00,000||1,30,000|
|40,00,00,001 to 50,00,00,000||1,60,000|
|Above 50,00,00,000||3000 for each 1,00,000|
Company Registration in Nepal by Foreigners
Following Process to be carried out at OCR for Company Registration in Nepal by Foreigners:
- Consent ought to be gotten to carry out trade, make ventures or exchanges inside Nepal agree to the company act 2063 of Nepal,
- Application to be submitted in such arrange and in conjunction with such reports as prescribed,
- The Office will make vital requests, enlist such company within 15 days after the date of making the application and give the company enrollment certificate to the candidate, within the organization as endorsed.
Documents Required for Company Registration in Nepal by Foreigners
- A record demonstrating the nation of his citizenship,
- A duplicate of the allow gotten from the authorized body to contribute or carry out commerce inside Nepal concurring with the existing rules,
- The remainder of the affiliation of the proposed company, 2 copies
- The articles of affiliation of the proposed company, 2 copies
- A duplicate of the agreement understanding, in the event that any, entered into,
- In the case of an open company, a duplicate of the assertion, in the event that any, entered into between the promoters earlier to the consolidation of the company,
- Approval or permit is required concurring to the winning law on the off chance that any specific sort of commerce or exchange must be carried out,
- A certified duplicate of the citizenship certificate and if a corporate body could be a promoter, a certificate of enlistment of consolidation, choice of the Board of directors,
- Attested duplicates of the citizenship certificates of the originator shareholders in case of an Open Company.
- In the case of a mechanical company with a joint venture, a duplicate of the joint-investment understanding issued and enlisted by the Division of Industries,
- In the case of the non-native being a single individual, a verified duplicate of his visa, and in the case of the nonnative being a company, a confirmed duplicate of the company enrollment certificate and a duplicate of the choice with respect to points of interest of the venture to be made upon the yearning company by the originator and a validated duplicate of the international id of the individual speaking to the author company.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is the Office of the Company Registrar (OCR) located in Nepal?
The office of the Company Registrar is located at Tripureshor, Kathmandu.
How long does it take to register a company in Nepal?
It may take up to 7 to 15 days to register a company in Nepal.
Can foreigners establish a company in Nepal?
Yes, any foreigner can establish a company in Nepal by taking permission according to the prevailing laws of Nepal(Company Act, 2063).
Can a private company be converted into a public company in Nepal?
Yes, a private company can be converted into a public company under different circumstances as prescribed in the company act 2063.
Can we register a company online in Nepal?
Yes, we can register a company online by visiting the website of the Office of the Company Registrar.